Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Surreal... or Just Plain Random

So, a few things that have made my day something special (not that it really was, but these things were at least noteworthy).

A mouse ran across the road this afternoon when I was on my way to the bus stop. It was grey, the same colour as the road really. I think it may have burnt its feet on the hot tar. Our city is infested with vermin! The cockroaches are coming out at night again. But the mouse was cute.

More bizarre, and really the mouse was just filler, because you need to have more than one thing happen in a day, was Filming with Felix tonight. He was filming a whole lot of slides of a horror film (for an experimental film project, I don't know how it works, so don't ask me) so pushed our two couches together in the lounge room and stuck some glass between them and a lamp beneath, and I sat there positioning slides as he said "One... Two.. Three.. Next" over and over. The slides were, as I said, of a horror movie (made by Felix), slasher flick kinda thingy. Freakily, the girl being stabbed from behind looked a little like me. Well, not alot, but her hair did a little, and that's all that you could really see. Hard to describe really, but all in all a weird experience, what with the lighting, and absence of much noise apart from repetitive numbers. And that's what happens when Felix asks you "Are you doing anything in about 15 minutes?"

Also, Ang is wandering around reading out notes for Abnormal Psychology, which is also a little strange. She's reading out notes and then saying things like:
"See, and that's why you're going to die of cancer"
I decided to read her notes on memory in people who believe they have been abducted by aliens. But then I was interrupted by Felix filming, as described above, so I still don't know. But apparently these people probably weren't abducted at all. Wow. You learn something new every day, don't you? Although it does also say interesting things about REM sleep. And I didn't stop and think, why are they talking about R.E.M. in a Psychology paper? I mean I know 'Everybody Hurts' was insightful and all oh that's not what they mean...

But I did some work today, so I'm still doing fine. Will do more tomorrow, hopefully it's not so hot again... Good luck everyone with exams tomorrow/today, and stop reading this blog!

17 Comments:

Blogger Minerva said...

yoooooouuuu caaaaaaan't stttoooooop meeeeee...

Yes, I've been abducted by aliens before *cough* or was that just someone, you know, in a big black cape... *cough* well maybe not kidnapped, maybe just hypnotised... into following him through a mirror... *cough* well how do I know it was a him, you ask?? ;) well well, that's a story for another time girls ;)

10/11/05 12:12 am  
Blogger Alicia said...

oooo did you sit on his BIG... cloak?

> stop reading this blog

Yeah Cat, tell us at the end of your post :P

10/11/05 12:13 am  
Blogger Minerva said...

*achem* I found out by... *cough* him hypnotising me to sing, and I sang 'He's there, the Phantom of the Opera' *achem* so that's how I found out it was a him. And he was a gentleman that whoooole time. hurrumpf. ;P

10/11/05 12:26 am  
Blogger Alicia said...

Ah ha! So were you also *cough* hypnotised into singing "An eternity of THIS before my ..."
*achem*

10/11/05 12:33 am  
Blogger Minerva said...

*cough* HE was singing that (unhypnotised mind you), I certainly would NOT sing that at all *cough* *choke* *splutter* ;P

10/11/05 12:37 am  
Blogger Alicia said...

Oh HEEE was singing that... Well... umm... what are you choking on? Is this a bad time to ask?

*runs away and rotfl*

10/11/05 12:47 am  
Blogger Minerva said...

*rotfl but also getting up to chase Leach down with a steak knife*

WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/11/05 12:53 am  
Blogger Minerva said...

I would take note of my avatar if I were you *grrrr...*

10/11/05 12:55 am  
Blogger Alicia said...

Oh rotfl eh? Not rotfwae?? Seems someones loyalties have changed...

*runs even further*

10/11/05 12:57 am  
Blogger Minerva said...

*pulls out machete*

I will virtually roll around on the floor wrapped around whatever or whomever I like, thank you very much ;P

10/11/05 1:03 am  
Blogger Alicia said...

bwwwahahahahahaaaa!

10/11/05 1:06 am  
Blogger Minerva said...

Sorry Cat, Leach and I kinda took over the post. ;)

10/11/05 11:51 am  
Blogger Catie said...

hehehehe :) rotfl
it's all good, entertainment for me i tells ya!

10/11/05 1:07 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

It was Pun! It was Pun! *points accusingly*

11/11/05 1:03 am  
Blogger Minerva said...

nah ah nah ah *points pointy end of steak knife at Leach*

you my dear, started the obscenities ;P

11/11/05 1:15 am  
Blogger Alicia said...

dear? Where? Mmmmmm venison...

12/11/05 6:56 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

dead deer = venison

context in which Pun addressed Leach as 'dear' = person whom Pun will poke various pointy objects at until she runs screaming or admits she started the obscenities

12/11/05 9:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home