"TERRIGAL" at Jamberoo
We had a bit of a meeting about terrigal at study day, and this is what's been discussed so far
* There are too many people are going away/working/summerschool/researching/beach missioning/busy to make a full week away conceivable
* a valid option is to do 2 smaller weekends away, so that we can go to both if we're free, or to one or the other
* a possible accomodation place is some cabins in Jamberoo - small self-contained studio units, sleep 5 or 6 each (on beds, more with mattresses) - I was there recently and they're basic, but cheap and fully equipped with beds, lounge, bed, bathrooms, etc. (nb: tankwater). They're close to Kiama and Jamberoo. What I've heard from my end is that Terrigal is pretty booked already (the Lindsay's just offered my family a few days because they were some of the last they had left) so to get it for two weekends might not be possible.
* two weekends that suit the majority of us present are 20,21,22 January and 3,4,5 February
People present are Me (Kathryn), Therese, Pun, Catie, Alex, Hellena, Vivian
This is really close, so we should try to aim to book BEFORE the end of the month (actually, we should try to be onto it in the next week or two), so please reply if Weekend One or Weekend Two or both are options for you. Cost will probably be $50-$70 for each weekend, but that's just a really rough estimate, depends on how many people go, and what (or whether) we want to eat.
* There are too many people are going away/working/summerschool/researching/beach missioning/busy to make a full week away conceivable
* a valid option is to do 2 smaller weekends away, so that we can go to both if we're free, or to one or the other
* a possible accomodation place is some cabins in Jamberoo - small self-contained studio units, sleep 5 or 6 each (on beds, more with mattresses) - I was there recently and they're basic, but cheap and fully equipped with beds, lounge, bed, bathrooms, etc. (nb: tankwater). They're close to Kiama and Jamberoo. What I've heard from my end is that Terrigal is pretty booked already (the Lindsay's just offered my family a few days because they were some of the last they had left) so to get it for two weekends might not be possible.
* two weekends that suit the majority of us present are 20,21,22 January and 3,4,5 February
People present are Me (Kathryn), Therese, Pun, Catie, Alex, Hellena, Vivian
This is really close, so we should try to aim to book BEFORE the end of the month (actually, we should try to be onto it in the next week or two), so please reply if Weekend One or Weekend Two or both are options for you. Cost will probably be $50-$70 for each weekend, but that's just a really rough estimate, depends on how many people go, and what (or whether) we want to eat.

8 Comments:
I can probably do both/either
wait... "whether"??
lol, im up for the 'eating' bit. I like to eat, I know, it's surprising, but you know, I can't help it.
Oh oh, as long as we can pop down to Berry or some country town for the pub culture. I love that. And good donuts at Berry.
mmmm... donuts
as usual, my christmas holiday plans are murky and unclear, so i dunno what i'm gonna be doing. except that i will be eating :)
And the weekend before makes it 2 weekends in a row?
Why are they both at the end of the holidays? You can't split it more than that?
they're probably both equally good for me. so yay!
20min is a bit of a stretch. I'm thinking Gerringong or something in Kiama perhaps. My church friend's family has a hoilday house in Gerringong if you want me to ask. It fits over 10 people and I've been there before. Round 1min drive from beach unless you know, you wanna go walking up and down hills. Not bad at all, I can ask if people want?
yeah, i like the idea of closer-to-beach-ness. i still remember being squashed in the boot at schoolies...
so ask, pun, ask!
Post a Comment
<< Home