Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Essays and Other Detritus from my Overtired Brain

I've estimated that it generally takes about an hour to write 500 words. Then why has it taken me at least an hour and a half to write approximately 400 of this English essay? It's sooo slow... I have almost 1600 so far (after three days), and I think I've said about everything I have to say. Sadly there are still almost 1000 words to go. So now I have to elaborate, go into detail, and gradually my beautiful essay is becoming a mess. Plus I'm a little stuck.
So now I'm taking a break and watching the Simpsons. And I don't think I've seen this episode! Yay! They're in England. People wear bowler hats and carry tea in their briefcases.
While I'm here, what should I wear to a 21st on saturday? It's Halloween themed I think, but dress simply says something like "anything but yourself". Current thoughts include: gypsy, virgin priestess/acolyte, vampire victim (but ang will prob. be a vampire, so that's a bit dodgy), Audrey Hepburn, 40's PI (I have the trench coat and hat) or something else that I have an outfit for.
While we're on the theme of you making decisions for me, should I go out on Melbourne Cup day, or stay home and study? I didn't buy a new hat, I should just stay home. :p But I will have to watch it anyway.
Why is there going to be a live vasectomy on Rove?

Oh, and I haven't mentioned Detritus. Isn't he alot smarter these days?

7 Comments:

Blogger Catie said...

a 6000 word report! that's terrible! muchos sympathies. well, time taken varies, depending mostly on number of references and how much you know what you're doing.
>an honours thesis is 9000 words
what!?! mine will be at least 15000. hope that makes you feel better :)
well, it's all doable i guess, and so we labour on...
but i finished english! except i think it needs much editing. i will have written 9000 words in two weeks by friday (at least, i hope so).

26/10/05 10:17 am  
Blogger Minerva said...

I win, my thesis has to be 20000 words, I bloody, blooody, bloooooody win.... .....

26/10/05 10:23 am  
Blogger Ang said...

Soooo ditto there Kathryn.

26/10/05 3:10 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

Bah, i have to thesis it to graduate... Don't know how long it's supposed to be and don't really want to look into it at the moment...

26/10/05 6:32 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

Oh yeah, and IGNORE 'woe comforter' or read the post again Catie :P

26/10/05 6:32 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

one day woman, one day... ... ...

26/10/05 6:53 pm  
Blogger Catie said...

ooh, i get it now... i must skim read or forget things really quickly. or both.

he, archaeology thesis is 20000 words, which is why i hope to be doing an english one ;)

27/10/05 11:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home