speaking of dramatic events....
I had my first car accident on Saturday! Waaaaah! And I'm not even on my P's yet! Luckily no one else was involved, and my driving instructor's insurance will pay for everything, but still, having a car accident is the last thing I need right now.
...was taking a right bend on a winding road and skidded on some gravel (also it had been raining that morning so the road was probably still wet), thought I was going to slide off the road, panicked and turned the steering wheel too much to the right and went on to the wrong side of the road (thankfully no oncoming traffic), was thinking *!@#$%!@#$%!* and then the most obvious thing to do at the time was to turn the steering wheel back to the left, and subsequently smashed the rear passenger door/side of the boot into the barrier. It was one of those wooden barriers, so I think I killed it. The impact was pretty loud. I was probably doing about 60 at the time.
My driving instructor was very nice about it, he had to get some rope and tie the door shut cos it wouldn't close properly anymore....and then amazingly, he made me keep driving all the way back! By the way, this was all the way up near the Entrance (it was a four hour lesson on highway driving....my parents think he is a bit crazy), we had gotten to the Entrance just within two hours and had had a short break, and this happened not long after we were starting to drive back to Sydney. So I was still half in tears and everything and I had to drive for another two hours!!
Waaahh! I spent half of Saturday crying, probably just from the shock and cos now I think I'm a crappy driver.
Boohoo.....no physical injuries, just emotional trauma...
=..(
...was taking a right bend on a winding road and skidded on some gravel (also it had been raining that morning so the road was probably still wet), thought I was going to slide off the road, panicked and turned the steering wheel too much to the right and went on to the wrong side of the road (thankfully no oncoming traffic), was thinking *!@#$%!@#$%!* and then the most obvious thing to do at the time was to turn the steering wheel back to the left, and subsequently smashed the rear passenger door/side of the boot into the barrier. It was one of those wooden barriers, so I think I killed it. The impact was pretty loud. I was probably doing about 60 at the time.
My driving instructor was very nice about it, he had to get some rope and tie the door shut cos it wouldn't close properly anymore....and then amazingly, he made me keep driving all the way back! By the way, this was all the way up near the Entrance (it was a four hour lesson on highway driving....my parents think he is a bit crazy), we had gotten to the Entrance just within two hours and had had a short break, and this happened not long after we were starting to drive back to Sydney. So I was still half in tears and everything and I had to drive for another two hours!!
Waaahh! I spent half of Saturday crying, probably just from the shock and cos now I think I'm a crappy driver.
Boohoo.....no physical injuries, just emotional trauma...
=..(

8 Comments:
Oh you poor bugger *squeezes hard*
Everybody has a crash sometime (as the above said) and yea you're lucky to be aaaaaaaaalive. Thank God.
Yea, I had my accident trying to turn left onto King Georges rd one morning. Meanwhile it wasn't fault coz the other car drove into our arse. Hehehe, instructor's car. Couldn't close the trunk and he was already needing to fix the other teaching car.
Don't worry too much about it hon, remember Murphy's Law, it's good it happened under your instructor's car and not on your own alone. :)
And it's a good icebreaker ;)
Poor thing. It seems we've all had boo-boos, mine was just aftger some light rain too. But it was right outside my work, and I broke a light on a post, so that was a=extra embarrassing, because people kept going "aren't you Dr. Pardey's daughter?" at the time. My sympathies re. your stress and trauma.
*hug* also.
sounds pretty stressful! but respect for driving all the way back to sydney afterwards.
you don't sound like a bad driver, you know what's going on, and i know that i, for one, have a habit of forgetting to look before changing lanes.
hope you're feeling better.
Daaargh! *hug*
My accident was in Wongs driveway... :P
I smashed the indicator light and scraped the front right of the car a little.
Damage to Wongs fence = 0
awwww...thanks for all the eHugs and personal accident stories =P
Actually, it could barely be called *driving by myself* all the way back to Sydney, cos my instructor had to keep his hand on the steering wheel for most of the time!
can't keep car in middle of lane + 80km/h = not good!
You know, tress,I can spell Au. *is filled with reproach* Plus,PLUS, my name was written on the very page on which you were writing! Gaaah! Why can noone ever spell my name? I mean, it's not like I'm spelling Jones with a K. What does the world have against the E?
This is one of those things that bugs me on a day to day basis. I just don't get it.
Also, I was always more freaked out by the whole "suburbia driving" thing. Most of my Ls hours were clocked on the M4, Ididn't know how to deal with other cars and corners, and lights and so on. So this is all kinda beyond me.
^^^
Green light: go
Red light: stop
Amber light: slow down or speed up depending on the timing
Cars: avoid driving into
Corners: avoid crashing into
Elderly pedestrians: 20 points
Adults: 15 points
Kids: 25 points
People with prams: 50 points
lol I wouldn't be me if I wasn't ;p
Post a Comment
<< Home