Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Althusser and Other Things I Hate

I hate Marx. Cold, impersonal, overly simple. I hate today. So overcast, gloomy, depressing and complicated. Mostly I hate Althusser. I don't know what he means by ideology. Or how his Marxist critique fits into literary theory and criticism. Back to reading for me...
Oh, did I mention that I hate presentations?
*grumble grumble*
I should go back and reread that blog post full of good things. Or that forward which I got sme time ago, including such things as bubble baths and laughter. Which are some of my favourite things.
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, brown paper packages tied up with string...
Hang on, they aren't my favourite things at all! I got side-tracked. Curses, the Sound of Music strikes again!
I like books, Black Books, Scrubs, Cherry-Ripe ice-cream, jazz, card games, trees...
Actually, that was pretty effective. And only six pages of Althusser to go. Mind you, it is pretty slow going.

Oh, and on an entirely different note, the Goth theme continues! JJ's bi-annual 'Yay! Exams are over party' apparently has a goth theme. It's not all in my head, I swear...

5 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Am I invited,d'you think?

12/10/05 10:07 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

*achem* bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of my favourite things

I like Max Brenner's chocolate, cups of Traditional afternoon tea, natural yoghurt with mango and passionfruit, Dracula, Erik, Dracula and Erik in natural yoghurt with mango and passionfruit... ...

...


...

*cough*

13/10/05 12:14 am  
Blogger Catie said...

hehehe, it has infected this blog as well! nooooo! wouldn't dracula and erik in max brenner chocolate be better anyway?
oh, and i had natural yoghurt the other day, with strawberry and i think grape. mmmmmm....

13/10/05 7:50 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

oooooooh yes I do agree in chocolate is much better. ;)

14/10/05 12:03 am  
Blogger Alicia said...

ack! For some reason the web pages I frequent have become M15+ rated!

14/10/05 12:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home