Sunday, November 06, 2005

New Zealand

I think the current trend is New Zealand. Hmmm.... that doesn't make much sense, but I know what I mean.
Maybe it's a bit spread out to be a trend. But recently I read a book in which the heroine went on a cruise to New Zealand, my friends brother is currently touring NZ, and Felix has a friend staying here until she leaves for NZ on Monday. So last night I was reading a blog post written in aforesaid country, and I (partially because I'm increasingly desperate to travel ANYWHERE) really felt like going there. Milford Sound sounds good. From the blog post, the book, and the fact that I once had a dream that I went there (long, long ago). All I can remember is that it was cold, I was on a boat, and there were HUGE waves. Seems like it would be cool.
New Zealand does have some cool stuff, I lived there for a year when I was four or so, and I remember giant trains (maybe because I was four), bubbling mud, sailing ships, beaches and hills plus caves full of glow worms. Which I would like to see again. Lord of the Rings was filmed there, and it was beautiful. And the person who lived in the house behind us had a great collection of dolls. Also, Footrot Flats is based there. Wow, I'm feeling really positive towards New Zealand right now. Maybe I'll go there. It's cheaper than many places, after all.
What a great study break that was :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Minerva said...

Also channel 7 is showing Billy Connolly's world tour of New Zealand tonight.

And channel 10 is showing the oh-so-easy-on-the-eyes Jonathon Rhys Meyers as Elvis tonight at 2030. ;)

6/11/05 2:43 pm  
Blogger Vivian said...

Are you serious??

At my cousin's wedding reception, I got seated with some totally random people I didn't know...the people I ended up talking to, met her while they were all working in the UK, and two of them happened to come from NZ!

PLUS our table was right next to the jazz band, and I was sitting two metres from the pianist and could see every note he was playing (well, only when the person sitting across from me wasn't sitting in their seat)...he was really really good, and I thought he looked like, would you believe....Jonathon Rhys Meyers.

Pun, have you been stalking me?

6/11/05 5:19 pm  
Blogger Vivian said...

btw, if you don't already know, I went to Brisbane yesterday for my cousin's wedding (in case you were wondering why I'm finding all of this a huge coincidence all of a sudden)

6/11/05 5:23 pm  
Blogger Catie said...

freaky! that's it, totally a trend now.

meh, jonathan rhys meyers. anyway, i'll be at church.

6/11/05 6:19 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

hehehe, very freaky...

Awwww.... but he's soooooo pretty ;)

6/11/05 8:23 pm  
Blogger Catie said...

how was the wedding btw?

apparently jonathan rhys meyers is going to play shmendrick in the movie of 'the last unicorn' that comes out next year. he looks kinda shmendrick-like...
man that's a good book. i hope they don't screw it up.

7/11/05 12:23 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

I knew I kept spelling his name wrong, a, a, a.

Yes, how was the wedding? Stuck with a bunch of random people eh?

7/11/05 1:00 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

Yeah, the other night when I turned on the tv and saw LOTR I recognised the deer-park place we visited!

It was snowing and we were frozen but I pretended to fall off a horse (aka Gimli) Monty Python style riding of course...

7/11/05 2:56 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

encore, encore! I'll bring some coconuts! ;)

7/11/05 3:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home