Friday, January 06, 2006

I want to lie, shipwrecked and comatose...

... drinking fresh mango juice. Goldfish shoals, nibbling at my toes.
So I may have been watching a little too much Red Dwarf lately. It's not my fault! My siblings got given DVDS and having been watching them pretty much none stop all day. But is enjoyable, so that's o.k. I always liked Red Dwarf. I watched Robot Wars partially because Lister was presenting it. Problem is, its like the time I watched about 5 hours of Family Guy, the little jokes they do start to grate. In Family Guy it was the way the would refer to different things happening and then flash to that. In Red Dwarf it's the similes. Such as:
"You're about as much use as a condom machine in the Vatican."
"Like a speeding bullet stuck in the back end of a bat out of hell."
"It's making as much sense as a Japanese VCR instruction manual."
Which somehow strikes you as repetitive after countless hours... Still, much more bearable than the Family Guy flashbacks.

Other events of the day: there was a gigantic spider on the wall. A huntsman I think. Very freaky.
But a family friend is staying with us at the moment, another one is coming tomorrow with Sylvia, my cousin should be coming down tomorrow night and Bec and Sam will be here in Monday. So it will be at least more crowded, and hopefully more eventful. Although the uneventfulness grows on you. Thankfully I'm a naturally lazy person, or I would be very bored. Actually, if I was a little more active maybe I'd leave the house and find something to do. :p
Red Dwarf theme song still stuck in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home