Snatches of Speech
So while reading yesterday's paper I saw that apparently there's a site which has started a trend of writing down overheard bits of conversation for others to read. Of course, this is terrible, as this was MY IDEA! My thing that I did. I don't want to be a sheep following some internet trend *sigh*
Apart from that, they have some good quotes. My favourite overheard bits of speech from the article:
"Guy on mobile: Yeah, I mean she's not easy to talk to, because, you know, she'll be like, "What did you do on the weekend?" and I'll say, "Nothing", but really I was f-ing some other girl."
"Dude 1: What're you even talking about?
Dude 2: The thing with Cheryl.
Dude 1: What's wrong with you? That was this morning! Get over it already!
Dude 2: What'd you think I was talking about?
Dude 1: The asshole who shoved past us on the escalator.
Dude 2: Oh... I didn't even notice.
Dude 1: See, that's the kind of thing that Cheryl was talking about. She has a point, you know."
"Yeah, I know her. My sister went out with her when she was still a man."
And
"Yuppie Guy 1: Well, they're in that baby coma mood for, like, the first three or four months. You can plop 'em down anywhere and they just stay there. It's cool.
Yuppie Guy 2: But what if it starts wailin'?
YG1: Oh, then you give it to the wife. You just say, kinda sweet like, "someone wants his mommy."
YG2: That works?
YG1: That's what my brother-in-law said... but then again, he is divorced now"
lol But that's New York for you... I have to check out the site now...
Things I have overheard and recorded range from the somewhat tragic:
"Jess has been hit by a bus"
"You are to be condemned utterly for trying to change me in any way", later:"I want us to be good to one another"
"He comes and takes her pills, then he drinks her alcohol... he makes her do things I'm not happy about"
to the sinister:
"I'm your lawyer, I'm trying to advise you. These people are maggots, yes, good."
"No, there's proof, they got it all on video. He shot first."
to the bizarre, ironic or ridiculous:
"She's a very dangerous girl to know"
"She's funny, she likes to be unique. I'm the same."
"She's going out with someone who looks like her brother. That's so messed up."
Which is just a random selection from what I had to hand. People are strange, I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Apart from that, they have some good quotes. My favourite overheard bits of speech from the article:
"Guy on mobile: Yeah, I mean she's not easy to talk to, because, you know, she'll be like, "What did you do on the weekend?" and I'll say, "Nothing", but really I was f-ing some other girl."
"Dude 1: What're you even talking about?
Dude 2: The thing with Cheryl.
Dude 1: What's wrong with you? That was this morning! Get over it already!
Dude 2: What'd you think I was talking about?
Dude 1: The asshole who shoved past us on the escalator.
Dude 2: Oh... I didn't even notice.
Dude 1: See, that's the kind of thing that Cheryl was talking about. She has a point, you know."
"Yeah, I know her. My sister went out with her when she was still a man."
And
"Yuppie Guy 1: Well, they're in that baby coma mood for, like, the first three or four months. You can plop 'em down anywhere and they just stay there. It's cool.
Yuppie Guy 2: But what if it starts wailin'?
YG1: Oh, then you give it to the wife. You just say, kinda sweet like, "someone wants his mommy."
YG2: That works?
YG1: That's what my brother-in-law said... but then again, he is divorced now"
lol But that's New York for you... I have to check out the site now...
Things I have overheard and recorded range from the somewhat tragic:
"Jess has been hit by a bus"
"You are to be condemned utterly for trying to change me in any way", later:"I want us to be good to one another"
"He comes and takes her pills, then he drinks her alcohol... he makes her do things I'm not happy about"
to the sinister:
"I'm your lawyer, I'm trying to advise you. These people are maggots, yes, good."
"No, there's proof, they got it all on video. He shot first."
to the bizarre, ironic or ridiculous:
"She's a very dangerous girl to know"
"She's funny, she likes to be unique. I'm the same."
"She's going out with someone who looks like her brother. That's so messed up."
Which is just a random selection from what I had to hand. People are strange, I've said it before and I'll say it again.

2 Comments:
That's rude!
But that's why I speak about stuff like how to remove urine from a retented man. ;)
but it's so public! i know though... but sometimes you can't help it, like when people have fights on the bus and so it can't go and the driver has to threaten to call the cops and so on...
someone has probably written down bits of your conversations somewhere :)
Post a Comment
<< Home