Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Niceness

Better day today, although there does seem to be an infestation of flying ants in the area. I spent the day reading 'Headlong', by Michael Frayn, something which I have attempted before, and greatly enjoying it. Much of it was about Breugel (Pieter Breugel the Elder that is) so I had to look up the paintings to see what it was talking about. Anyway, I feel quite educated now, and remember how interesting and engaging research can be when you're on a good topic, or trying to solve some question. Maybe about Breugel paintings, maybe about 'The Wife's Lament', but it can be good. Which is a nice sentiment as I attempt to go into my honours year. I increasingly worry that I won't be able to though.
Also, results are out! I'm happy with mine, passed everything, got credits etc. Which is nice. I did work hard on those assignments too, so it's nice to get a good mark for them. Yay! Well, I guess that's something less to worry about now. On the other hand, still have to write myself a resume. Can you put accents in blog posts? Otherwise that last sentence looks stupid. Oh well.
'Citizen Kane' is on at the moment, but I missed the first half hour and then couldn't hear over the vacuuming, so I think I'll watch it some other time. I want to know the sled/Rosebud significance now. Now to find a new book to read... Maybe I will manage to finish the Iliad?

1 Comments:

Blogger Minerva said...

Yea you can use accents, for example:

"in a Sco-ish accentNative Scottish oysters" ;)

7/12/05 11:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home