Sunday, December 04, 2005

Random Stuff Which Happens at 21sts

So, I went to two 21sts last night, and I thought I'd share some of the random, fun, interesting or 'interesting' parts. Here goes...
The first was in Potts Point, so Ang and I parked in Kings Cross Parking Centre (subtitled 'car market', to our consternation) and walked past the Kings Cross fountain. I've heard stories, but never seen it in person (as it were) before. The building had an old lift which we thought should have been haunted, you had to open one door yourself while the other door closed unexpectedly just when you'd let your guard down. There was a great view from the rooftop, which seemed to take in all the memorable bits of Sydney (Bridge, Centrepoint etc.). It really was beautiful up there. But we had to miss eating Indian food (which smelt so good!) to drive back home and change for the next party, which was 20s themed.

I love dressing up in 20s gear, so that was really fun. Also a chance to reuse my 20s costume, which I had, y'know, lying around. Yay! The place also had a good view, over the water. There was a jazz band. And lots of people in various 20s clothing. We danced the charleston. So that was all good. Except for the close up demonstration of how sleazy boys can get while drunk, which was awkward. Then we got a taxi home. I think we ordered from the slowest cab company ever, but taxi was sooo welcome as I was wearing heels.

So lots of different stuff, and scenery, but tiring by about 2am, especially since both toilets at the 2nd 21st were blocked. Not something you want to hear when you've been drinking. And that was my night, if you wanted to know about it. Tomorrow Speech Day (ugh) and back to Canberra.

3 Comments:

Blogger Minerva said...

Hehehe blocked up toilets, I hope you didn't use a wall ;P
How did you guys respond to the sleazy drunk guys?

4/12/05 8:38 pm  
Blogger Catie said...

I just edited it! so you can reread if you want...

didn't use a wall, or blocked toilets, but was glad to get home :)
tried not to take sleazy drunk guys too seriously, ended up just leaving... grrr... it actually really got to me by the end... grrr again...

4/12/05 8:42 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

I wanna know what they were doing, and if you kicked them back? ;)

Oh yes, and I left a glad bag of peeled oranges in your fridge, feel very free to chuck them out if you want. ;)

4/12/05 8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home