Thursday, November 17, 2005

Soapies and Meringue

It's a funny time of year. The summer holidays, are starting and everyone is celebrating, including Felix, who went out last night and has been looking like death warmed up today. I still have an essay to go. But I get to indulge in procrastinatory blog posting which is.. umm.. a good thing, right? I wish I was on holidays!! Waaahhh!!!

But yeah. Things are good anyway, I'm sure I'll finish this last essay sometime. Last night I went to the pub with Ang and watched the world cup qualifier (as you know) had a few drinks and celebrated when we won. That was so exciting, I didn't really think we'd get there, but we're in! Yay! World cup 2006! Penalty shoot outs are very unnerving, I could hardly watch.

Today I'm feeling slightly spacey since I have been inside all day, studying, procrastinating, living off orange cake. And spending too much time on the internet, as per usual. I took a 'break' to watch the Simpsons, then was reading the tv guide so got entrapped into watching Neighbours (it was on, I was reading the tv guide, that's about the level of intereaction) and it turns out that Serena, Liljana and David are now all dead. What? How? They just killed off a whole family of characters, and put two more in jail (the Timmins brothers, I love the way they're called Timmins, it reminds me of the criminal family in the Rumpole books that he always defends). So Skye and whats-his-name are left bereft. I haven't watched Neighbours lately, and now things seem to have changed drastically. Strange.

I have studied though... a bit. I did some readings. But am severely lacking in motivation. I'm wondering if it's too early for dinner yet. Hmmm... Really should do some more reading. So annoying, it's up to me when my holidays start, but I can't seem to do anything about it. O.k., will leave you now to return to the fascinating world of 'The Wife's Lament'. More news later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

NO! STUDY!! Do your readings and then start holidays next Wednesday!! WooHOOO!!

17/11/05 11:03 pm  
Blogger Catie said...

hey, phantom comment! freaky...

yes i'm studying, right...

17/11/05 11:07 pm  
Blogger Catie said...

right now in fact

17/11/05 11:13 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

I believe you totally and utterly...

17/11/05 11:13 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

Meringue cake was really good!!

Yay for Angi!

20/11/05 2:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home