Take heart, fair days will shine, take any heart but mine
Since none of the places I applied for jobs at have rung me back *sigh* I've decided to occupy myself otherwise. So I spent most of the day looking at photos. Or, more accurately, sorting through photos. I decided to make an album of photos of cakes that my family has had over the years, and it's proving to be a whole lot more work than you might think. See, my family has boxes and boxes of photos, mostly in no order at all, only occasionally labelled, sometimes in boxes in the cellar that are often labelled 'papers' or 'store'. So I know that I have gaps in my collection, but where the missing photos are is anyones guess. More lugging boxes out of storage, emptying them, and rearranging photos fo me to do. Well, it's something to do I guess. What with that and cleaning the church (my family was on the roster for this fortnight/week/month and had to go today) I feel like I've been working hard all day. So what if I woke up at 1, don't have an actual job etc. etc. I found it tiring. And I was so good, I didn't even go on the internet until 8 pm. What amazing self restraint! (plus of course my brother was on the computer all day)
On another note, I've been having strange dreams lately (well, don't I always?). Last night I dreamt I was an astronaut, and my friend and fellow crew member turned out to be a mole (in the figurative sense) and pulled a gun on me and was controlling the crew members and I had to struggle with her to get the gun and throw it out the airlock (we weren't wearing spacesuits, we should have died, but then again, the laws of physics don't apply in dreams). But even after that she was difficult to restrain.
And the night before, I dreamt that I was sentenced, with a whole lot of rhinosauruses/buffalo (or some sort of large animal) to be buried alive (sentenced by another of these animals). I was sinking into the groung, thinking "It'll be alright, they can't do this to me, I'm innocent" and then as the earth closed over my head I thought "...maybe I should struggle before it's too late" and I kicked and screamed but I was sinking into the ground and the earth had closed over my head and there was nothing I could do and I was panicked and I struggled and
opened my eyes
and when I saw light I realised it was all a bad dream, so I felt relieved and went back to sleep. Still, it was pretty horrible.
Anyway, that's enough to write about nothing very much, toodle-pip! Oh, and I have songs from 'Pirates of Penzance' stuck in my head...
On another note, I've been having strange dreams lately (well, don't I always?). Last night I dreamt I was an astronaut, and my friend and fellow crew member turned out to be a mole (in the figurative sense) and pulled a gun on me and was controlling the crew members and I had to struggle with her to get the gun and throw it out the airlock (we weren't wearing spacesuits, we should have died, but then again, the laws of physics don't apply in dreams). But even after that she was difficult to restrain.
And the night before, I dreamt that I was sentenced, with a whole lot of rhinosauruses/buffalo (or some sort of large animal) to be buried alive (sentenced by another of these animals). I was sinking into the groung, thinking "It'll be alright, they can't do this to me, I'm innocent" and then as the earth closed over my head I thought "...maybe I should struggle before it's too late" and I kicked and screamed but I was sinking into the ground and the earth had closed over my head and there was nothing I could do and I was panicked and I struggled and
opened my eyes
and when I saw light I realised it was all a bad dream, so I felt relieved and went back to sleep. Still, it was pretty horrible.
Anyway, that's enough to write about nothing very much, toodle-pip! Oh, and I have songs from 'Pirates of Penzance' stuck in my head...

5 Comments:
hehe, I've had the fortune of not watching pirates sing and dance. ;)
Waking up at one, I'm catching up, catching up I tell you, I've been waking at 1150. Slowly, slowly.
Oooh, sorting out photos sounds like the perfect holiday job. I wanna do that too. But first I have to sort out my make up kits (chuck out really) and clothes, and fidning space for bras without creasing into weird, not-looking-like-a-breast shape etc.
Going fruit and veg shopping in Burwood tomorrow. Feel free to 'bump' into me there. I'll be the one searching for peaches, cherries and olive oil. That reminds me, I gotta write up a grocery list.
Shame, I'll pay you if you come back to Sydney by Saturday, pleeeease... I'll pay you $2 an hour, more than what you're getting now......
singing and dancing pirates, G & S style, are great!
more photo sorting today, not many more cake photos found. But i did find my ballet cake from when i was 5! it was beautiful, and my mum also made a swan out of apple slices.
hehe, i like that your avatar is now a sheep :)
*gasp* It's a llama, not a sheep. They're closer genetically to a camel. *gasp*
Heh, i think gary oldman is johnny depp, and that a llama is a sheep, what's wrong with me? *shakes head* i'm ashamed of myself i am. i did wonder why you had a sheep for an avatar...
Post a Comment
<< Home