"Firstly, crap happens dad, brother set fire to the kitchen..."
Yikes, that was sooo close. Lucky my bro put out the fire before it spread past the better half of the stove top, but not before smoke enveloped the kitchen and moved into my brother's room. Had to shut the kitchen door, luckily the bathroom door was closed. My bedroom and my parents' room also enveloped with smoke. Had to open all possible windows and turn on air conditioners and fan to get rid of smoke.
Just finished wiping clean areas with bits of fine soot. My bro used Jif to wipe out the smoke stains from the wall and the glasses cupboard. Wall behind stove and next to cupboard now strangely white in comparison to the rest of the cream coloured kitchen *rolls eyes*. Stovetop however doomed due to obviously burnt and melted switches. I think the oil was burnt and somehow (I don't know) caught fire. I ain't telling my parents, crap we'd be dead. Apparently we need to get a new stovetop switchboard before dad comes back to Sydney or any family members find out. (Ha!) All in all, got a lot of washing up to do, plate-wise and sheets and clothing-wise.
*sigh* good to be alive, had be concerned there a bit, I never knew I was so fast on my feet in an emergency.
Just finished wiping clean areas with bits of fine soot. My bro used Jif to wipe out the smoke stains from the wall and the glasses cupboard. Wall behind stove and next to cupboard now strangely white in comparison to the rest of the cream coloured kitchen *rolls eyes*. Stovetop however doomed due to obviously burnt and melted switches. I think the oil was burnt and somehow (I don't know) caught fire. I ain't telling my parents, crap we'd be dead. Apparently we need to get a new stovetop switchboard before dad comes back to Sydney or any family members find out. (Ha!) All in all, got a lot of washing up to do, plate-wise and sheets and clothing-wise.
*sigh* good to be alive, had be concerned there a bit, I never knew I was so fast on my feet in an emergency.

4 Comments:
especially not vivian!
don't worry, my parents don't know what blogs are.....is that what you were refering to?
so, how are you feeling? end up getting oxygen?
Amen!!
Feeling good, we aired the house out til around 0100 when it was blimmin' freezing cold. Sneezing a bit due to the smoke but both doing very well, like absolutely nothing even anything related to fire happened. Only evidence that something burnt is on the stove top :D
No need for O2, all good, Thank God!
Have learnt a lesson... never let your brother cook with oil, or butter, or lard in that matter.
Post a Comment
<< Home