Thursday, April 14, 2005

Ewwww...

As I was walking through the kitchen today, I stepped on something sharp. I went to brush it off my foot, only to find that it was half embedded under my skin. So Angi went and got the tweezers and removed it, but it was quite freaky having a bit of plastic from a bread tie thingy stuck under my skin and bleeding all over the floor. It looked kinda like a tooth. Hope you aren't eating dinner at the computer. 'Cos it was gross. So I thought I would share it with you all. Ow.

8 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

awww, poor foot...

Since we are on the topic of gross stories about things being embedded in feet, I thought I'd just like to share with you that once I had a tiny piece of glass embedded in the sole of my foot (after I stepped on it when a light fell from the ceiling and went all over the floor), and it actually stayed there for a few days cos it was so small i couldn't tell it was there, but my foot hurt and i thought it was just a cut, but actually the glass was still in there and didn't come out until I picked away the dead skin that had begun surrounding it. Lovely :P

14/4/05 8:56 pm  
Blogger Ang said...

*is heroic*

Ugh. Poor viv. Poor cat. Poor feet everywhere. Poor those of us with vivid imaginations.

14/4/05 9:42 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

When was your last tetanus shot Cat?
I hope someone disinfected the floor... for all you guys' sakes. Well vacuum and disinfect the floor.

15/4/05 12:08 am  
Blogger Catie said...

it's amazing how dangerous everyday activities like walking barefoot in the kitchen and crossing roads can be. *stupid world* :p
and thanks pun for the tetanus comment, i'm now very freaked out.
how's clinical by the way?
oh, my archaeology lecturer has a theory of society based on the fibonacci series. also freaky.

15/4/05 4:51 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

lol@trees and myself. Well considering I asked about the last tetanus shot, that'd be nursing. Disinfecting is just common sense. I generally don't have blood lying around my house ;)

No worries, if it's within 10 years, it's alright. And no fever, convulsions, stiffening of muscles is all good.

This week's clinical was great! The best I've had so far. I was placed in Fairfield Emergency for am shift. Lotsa Fun, learnt a lotta stuff, great staff and I was placed with chatty, good friends. Very good week all in all. Saw some resus, seriously considering ED as a specialty. Hope next week would be better.

15/4/05 10:01 pm  
Blogger Catie said...

sounds good. what's ED?

17/4/05 2:37 pm  
Blogger Minerva said...

*sigh* Emergency department. aka A & E, Accident and Emergency

17/4/05 3:50 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

I'm sorry all! But i was laughing at your pain stories!

18/4/05 12:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home