A Very Long Engagement
Hello hello,
Guess what movie I saw last night? At the Moonlight Cinema in Centennial Park...
I got rather lost halfway through, couldn't keep up with all the French names and similar looking characters...also felt rather uncomfortable during all the gratuitous sex scenes, not to mention the blood and guts violence that was also pretty full on in some parts (well, it is rated MA).
But if you still want to see it, I recommend you do (it's pretty interesting, I think Trees and Cat will like it)...and at least you won't get distracted by having to put up your umbrella ten minutes into the movie because it started raining...and getting a really sore bum from sitting on hard rocky ground...
Hope ppl are having fun up in Terrigal...see you guys on Monday!
Guess what movie I saw last night? At the Moonlight Cinema in Centennial Park...
I got rather lost halfway through, couldn't keep up with all the French names and similar looking characters...also felt rather uncomfortable during all the gratuitous sex scenes, not to mention the blood and guts violence that was also pretty full on in some parts (well, it is rated MA).
But if you still want to see it, I recommend you do (it's pretty interesting, I think Trees and Cat will like it)...and at least you won't get distracted by having to put up your umbrella ten minutes into the movie because it started raining...and getting a really sore bum from sitting on hard rocky ground...
Hope ppl are having fun up in Terrigal...see you guys on Monday!

4 Comments:
aah! I really want to talk about it *without* spoiling it for everyone else!!!
it's a shame about gratuitous scenes, even Amelie had them. But they're french films, what can I say...
AVLE makes you hope, laugh, cry, shudder, & is enough to make anyone be a pacifist. If everyone watched it, I doubt we'd have any more world wars... It's such a sad movie...
I went in to the cinema naievely thinking it was another Amelie... some bits are the same, like multi-layered stories & numerous characters (it's understandable why you got confuzzled!)
but... it's definitely not as feel-good as Amelie...
despite that... Audrey Tautou is great. Still, did I mention her next role is Sophie Neveu in The Da Vinci Code?!???????????????????????????? Can anyone imagine?!??!?!
(opposite Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon ---------- arrrgh! I can't stand him!)
anyway. Enjoy terrigal pplz! :)
--- an audrey tautou fan :)
(I guess that won't make me remain anon for very long at all!)
ps i've never been to moonlight cinema. Is it good?! which one did you go to -- cos there are several around...?
tis me again. hope ppl are enjoying terrigal!!! you must post & tell me what I've missed out on!
Well, I can tell you what I've been doing... mainly working... so obviously you guys aren't missing out on much!!!
oh, & did you guys break in the new surfboard?! :)
wow, did the posting format just change?
anyway, hi all! esp. hi trees! terrigal was lots of fun, as always, we had the beach, and risk... and i didn't dare try out leach's surfboard (although i tried out a skateboard) but she did. not the best waves there though...
really want to see very long enggement!! and also several other things, alexander anyone? must go criticize...
Post a Comment
<< Home