Sunday, January 30, 2005

Ma Cuzzie's wedding

Well, we started late as usual and I had to run to the dunny in the middle of the ceremony (damn my bladder). My little sister (tong/cousin really) and I sang solos, she sang Shout to the Lord and I sang In Your hands, apparently my voice got stronger as the song progressed. Ha! Thank you everyone for praying!! Very much appreciated!!!
My cousin really lost a looot of weight, she's probably the size of Lena from say... the size of.. let's think... a short Catriona ;) Very beautiful though, absolutely beautiful dresses.
Reception was at the Holiday Inn in the function room of course. Started around 21ish as per usual after all the old folks play mahjong, my dad didn't lose nor gain any money but my Uncle #1 lost around HK$900 (~A$150). Had of course the traditional Chinese Wedding Banquet consisting of around 13 dishes. Roast suckling pig, roast chicken, abalone, shark fin soup, steamed garoupa of course etc. Took lots of photos, there's one thing for sure, I ain't getting married if I have to have a FULLY TRADITIONAL Chinese wedding. Oi vey, no dancing, no wedding games... just eating and drinking cognac... ... ...
Anyways I gotta head back to the hotel, my parents are getting testy. It's great, it has a bathtub with a glass wall between the bathroom and the beds/TV/view (As in close the blinds otherwise you'll see into the toilet). Tomorrow I think I'll take a bubble bath, with the curtain open, TV on and view open. NOOONE else in the room of course, watch some MTV, eat some crackers, chocolate. Mmmm mmm... ok gotta go, post later!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Quack!

30/1/05 2:27 pm  
Blogger Catie said...

can't work out how to post, will limit myself to commenting...
hey everyone! hey growing number of everyones! how y'all doing? just writing to say i'm driving up to sydney today! but then, i'm driving back to canberra tomorrow... my sisters are going back to school. haha i say, with another month of hols to go.
so anyway, if anyone wants to do something tomorrow morning (wed that is)... which is of course hellena's birthday...
anyway, welcome trees and leach, miaow

1/2/05 11:26 am  
Blogger Minerva said...

I go onto my Dashboard, as in sign in from the top left hand corner icon and spampage turn's up as one of the blogspots. Then I click on spampage and click on the icon for new post.
I'll be back on Saturday... night... 22ish. LEACH TAPE STARGATE CHANNEL 7 2230!!!!!!!!

1/2/05 9:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home