Thursday, March 23, 2006

Memories...

Hey, I just remmebered a random thing, being on holiday as a kid at a camping ground with a playground, and these cool swing things, and just this feeling of nostalgia. Like at the time I thought it was really cool, and maybe we went there several times or smoething. But this makes no sense to me: I can't work out where it was or when it would have been. So maybe it was just a dream? I think I have dreamt about it, but I thought that the dream seemed based on an actual experience. Now it's really bugging me. Was I ever there? Like my memory of climbing through drak fabric tunnels at a museum in Melbourne. Did it ever happen? Argh! I hate this. This is why I keep a diary now, so that this never has to happen again. 'Cos I can't tell memories from dreams...

6 Comments:

Blogger Minerva said...

I remember nearly the entirety of year 6 was either dream or reality. I couldn't tell the difference between the two of them. Well except for the PD/H/PE classes, those were very real...

Meanwhile, I get deja vu dreams, or prophetic dreams. Well not anything important at all, trivial stuff that I dreamt about years ago, and then I see it in the future. Had it all my life.
Just today it happened again, I was looking on my computer screen and I had the Favourites column up on the left hand side, and I tried to get to Wong's blog, and currently there's the Shutdown page. For a split second, I knew I had seen it in a dream before. No I'm not nuts.

23/3/06 1:47 am  
Blogger Catie said...

Freaky. Yeah I've heard of similar things happening, it's weird though... I dream about things that have happened, so it messes with my memory. Very annoying... And I thought I had a couple of death-prophetic moments in my life, but they weren't dreams. That was also very freaky. and maybe all in my head, but still freaky if coincedental. So I don't think you're nuts, but I am still confused about things...

23/3/06 5:18 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

I had this massive feeling of deja vu when I was in Italy with my family and we were standing next to a scaffolding beside the atm waiting for my dad to get some cash out. I was so like *hhhhheeeeeyyyY!!! I've dreamt this scaffolding and all!!!* It was fully weird.

Also, I use to have dreams about school, and they were always at the same school building/grounds, but I've NEVER EVER seen those school grounds in real life, so it's like, freaky dream world school that I know I've never been to in reality, but I've been to many times in my dreams so it seems like it exists.

I occasionally kept a dream diary too, but I wasn't very regular so I don't think I'd find my deja vu's in them...

24/3/06 7:23 am  
Blogger Catie said...

It's a pity... Cos then you can't be sure that you dreamt it and it's not deja vu, but you're pretty sure you did, and it niggles at the back of your mind in an irritating way. :(

24/3/06 11:29 am  
Blogger Minerva said...

I used to get them deja vu dreams pretty often as a kid, and I used to be worried they'd come true.
I once had a dream that a bunch of bikies raided and robbed our house. And I remember specifically I was wearing my favourite blue jumper. So the next day, I put the jumper in the Smith Family bag and never wore it again. :( It twas my favourite jumper...

24/3/06 11:47 am  
Blogger Vivian said...

Hmmm yeah....I get deja vu dreams as well...although sometimes I can't tell whether something feels like deja vu because I've dreamt it, or because it really has happened before. The human brain is weird.

26/3/06 8:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home