Greece (uncensored):
SO, Greece eh?
The trip started off on Wednesday arvo. Leaving from uni a tad early I grabbed my bags and tripped to the airport for my 3:15pm flight. Which was delayed... Until 6:15!!
All my flights to mainland Europe so far have gone via Amsterdam, that's just where the cheapest ones fly. A good thing is; they stamp your passport even just for passing through!! Woohoo!
Waiting for my connecting flight in Amsterdam (luckily that had also been delayed) was oh so fun... But my seat on the plane made up for it... Better than 1st class: 3 economy seats in a row all to myself! I took the opportunity to lay out and nap for the 3 hour flight.
Arrival in the early hours meant I got to see the beaut sunrise from the ferry, and let me assure you, I have lots of ferry photos!
While in Greece I picked up the habit of walking into a 'bakery' store and getting one of each strangely shaped delicious sticky sweet dessert... mmm... soo yummy... The only thing is I really picked up a sweet tooth. Now back in Edinburgh I crave honey on toast (The Alicia's cookery equivalent of baclava and the like :P) after every big meal! (I had frosty flakes for breakfast though, so not then.)
Athens was like Rome, in that ruins just pop out at you from around the corner. Only Athens is more crowded... You could walk past a ruin and miss it as they build around it in ANY available space! I happened to stumble upon a preserved area of an old moat and road- with cart marks still in it which was in the 'open basement' of an office building!! It's a bit sad really.
Saturday was tonnes of fun and very enjoyable as I visited the main museum, surrounds and climbed the highest peak in the city (seems to be my thing eh?). But Sunday was a free open air sites day for everyone (because it's not peak season) and the whole city seemed to be crawling with gross middle age greek guys trying to pick up. Between 7:30am and 4pm I had 7 such encounters, one of them even followed me such that I had to duck into a crowd, put my daypack on my front and scamper down a side street to lose him.
Gross gross gross, ew ew ew. They deserve to be shot... No, really. Put a cloud over my otherwise seemingly cloudless trip (apart from the panda sunburn from the picture blue skies you wished upon me Viv!). So girls, if you're going to Greece I strongly advise to travel with a male friend!
That is all.
The trip started off on Wednesday arvo. Leaving from uni a tad early I grabbed my bags and tripped to the airport for my 3:15pm flight. Which was delayed... Until 6:15!!
All my flights to mainland Europe so far have gone via Amsterdam, that's just where the cheapest ones fly. A good thing is; they stamp your passport even just for passing through!! Woohoo!
Waiting for my connecting flight in Amsterdam (luckily that had also been delayed) was oh so fun... But my seat on the plane made up for it... Better than 1st class: 3 economy seats in a row all to myself! I took the opportunity to lay out and nap for the 3 hour flight.
Arrival in the early hours meant I got to see the beaut sunrise from the ferry, and let me assure you, I have lots of ferry photos!
While in Greece I picked up the habit of walking into a 'bakery' store and getting one of each strangely shaped delicious sticky sweet dessert... mmm... soo yummy... The only thing is I really picked up a sweet tooth. Now back in Edinburgh I crave honey on toast (The Alicia's cookery equivalent of baclava and the like :P) after every big meal! (I had frosty flakes for breakfast though, so not then.)
Athens was like Rome, in that ruins just pop out at you from around the corner. Only Athens is more crowded... You could walk past a ruin and miss it as they build around it in ANY available space! I happened to stumble upon a preserved area of an old moat and road- with cart marks still in it which was in the 'open basement' of an office building!! It's a bit sad really.
Saturday was tonnes of fun and very enjoyable as I visited the main museum, surrounds and climbed the highest peak in the city (seems to be my thing eh?). But Sunday was a free open air sites day for everyone (because it's not peak season) and the whole city seemed to be crawling with gross middle age greek guys trying to pick up. Between 7:30am and 4pm I had 7 such encounters, one of them even followed me such that I had to duck into a crowd, put my daypack on my front and scamper down a side street to lose him.
Gross gross gross, ew ew ew. They deserve to be shot... No, really. Put a cloud over my otherwise seemingly cloudless trip (apart from the panda sunburn from the picture blue skies you wished upon me Viv!). So girls, if you're going to Greece I strongly advise to travel with a male friend!
That is all.

8 Comments:
even more incentive for pun to get a male-order husband ;) but at least you managed to dodge them all.
frosty flakes? no, frosted shreddies are the best! i love their sugar-coated goodness. mmm... best breakfast cereal ever :)
Oooooooh!! HONEY SOAKED PASTRIES!!!
Shoot all disgusting men. I totally support you. Or at least kick them in the balls or you know, traumatise it so bad that they lose consciousness and lie in the street for several hours until they start to smell funny. Apparently easy to do.
I need a man... to travel with.
Hey Leach, move this post up to the top. As in change it to the 12th March.
Shouldn't the others just get changed back to their proper date? Also, I don't think I have the power to change the date.
Yes you do you silly girl, just edit the post, and then change the date and time under 'Post and comment options'
Well why don't people just put the right date on theirs?
Tell Trees that. ;)
done ;P
you know what? i think i'd still rather be in greece
Post a Comment
<< Home