Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Holidays are Ending

Well, I'm back! Did you miss me? I guess, leach and viv and alex and trees didn't, but I bet the rest of you did, right?
Here are some edited highlights of the holidays that were:
- Finishing essays! Caused me enought stress first though...
- Reading. It's been so long, I never get round to it once semester really gets into full swing. So I read Wodehouse, and 'The Virgin in the Garden', and Paradise Lost, and some of the Iliad, started reading 'Sarum', which I got for my birthday, that's how little reading I've been getting done. Also Harry Potter came out. Which I guess you all know already, you've probably read it by now. But don't tell me what happens, I haven't finished yet.
- Bought Bright Eyes cd
- AnCon! Great music, great talks. The first day we walked in to the auditorium to 'Walking on Sunshine', but the highlight of the music for me was 'How Deep the Father's Love'. I want it at my funeral. Arts won the Lukabyo cup (touch footy. yeah. but still exciting) to the chant of 'A.R.T.S. DO IT'. Bushwalking, card games, friends, tea, interesting seminar on church history. altogether challenging and inspiring and fun. But tiring, AnCon is the one time of year when I wake up before 10 am every day for a week.
- Watched movies and t.v., which was nice after exams, season finales of O.C. and 'Desperate Housewives', and I saw 'Master and Commander', 'The Man Who Wasn't There', 'Clueless' and Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in some musical or another.
- I passed all my subjects! Didn't go to badly, but my worst subjects were the archaeology ones. Maybe I should rethink my goals...

So that's my three weeks in a nutshell. Now I'm all ready to go back to uni! Maybe...

4 Comments:

Blogger Minerva said...

I missed you! *runs for a hug*
AnCon sounded like fun! Damn, I should go to one like that. Ok, in that case, I'll note down that you want 'How deep the Father's love' at your funeral. As long as people remember to play 'The Lumberjack Song' at mine. ;)

Anyone who watched Clueless post-HSC should be run over with a scooter. *glares at people*

23/7/05 5:00 pm  
Blogger Alicia said...

Hey... I have a scooter...

24/7/05 8:43 pm  
Blogger Catie said...

aawww, thanks :)

hey, is that some kind of veiled death-threat? hmm... will be on my guard for scooters shooting out around corners and so on.

25/7/05 7:05 pm  
Blogger Ang said...

veiled? not hardly.

25/7/05 10:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home