Dreams... and science
Hey, you know how supposedly you're not meant to be able to dream about dying, and in dreams apparently you always wake up before you die, and if you die in a dream no-one knows what would happen but maybe you'd wake up dead? (or not wake up, more accurately)
Well, it's complete rubbish. The other night I dreamt that I got shot in the head and died and was lying on the floor with a bullet hole between my eyes and I'm not dead. At least I have solved that problem to my satisfaction.
But seriously, what a freaky dream to have. There I was, sitting in a boardroom, discussing missing people when a sleazy hitman dressed in pyjamas came in and started shooting people. So I hid under the table, but naturally he could walk through the table so I decided to look death in the face, came out from under the table, threw a plastic gun at him and he turned around, looked me in the eye and shot me. Weird.
And last night, I dreamt about archaeological digs and vampires and bats and watching 'Buffy' on the computer. I don't know why. And Kathryn was there, and James was there but James was a vampire.
Well, my dreams are the most exciting things to happen to me lately, but I have decided to write a classic fantasy novel. Because what else have I got to do in my spare time? And I could do with the money anyway... Oh, and my dad is going overseas for five weeks next week I think.
I think that fireflies are really cool.
Well, it's complete rubbish. The other night I dreamt that I got shot in the head and died and was lying on the floor with a bullet hole between my eyes and I'm not dead. At least I have solved that problem to my satisfaction.
But seriously, what a freaky dream to have. There I was, sitting in a boardroom, discussing missing people when a sleazy hitman dressed in pyjamas came in and started shooting people. So I hid under the table, but naturally he could walk through the table so I decided to look death in the face, came out from under the table, threw a plastic gun at him and he turned around, looked me in the eye and shot me. Weird.
And last night, I dreamt about archaeological digs and vampires and bats and watching 'Buffy' on the computer. I don't know why. And Kathryn was there, and James was there but James was a vampire.
Well, my dreams are the most exciting things to happen to me lately, but I have decided to write a classic fantasy novel. Because what else have I got to do in my spare time? And I could do with the money anyway... Oh, and my dad is going overseas for five weeks next week I think.
I think that fireflies are really cool.

8 Comments:
well, started off first person, then kind of floating above myself seeing myself lying dead on the floor... so possibly changed to third person? not much would be happening in my dead self...
And the lights are so bright and, so unreal, and my fingers are bleeding, but i can't feel it...
"mm,yeah" in what sense, Kathryn???
That could be worrying on any number of levels, depending on the tone of voice.
And Alicia: Que?
Check out the last line of Caties post...
and i'll go off 'cos you're not listening very hard?
ohhh.. the song... *gets it*
hmm what song is that?
I've dreamt that I got executed and then i became a ghost so i was still in the first person. (but i still had my head as a ghost)
I've also dreamt that I jumped off somewhere really high, and then landed on the ground, but i don't think i died, because for some reason i saw some fried eggs on the ground where i landed...and then i woke up.
Interesting.
Interesting... You dreamt you became a ghost? wow.
I don't know why people come up with theories like this without doing any background research first...
Oh, and 'I Go Off' (I think) by Diana ah Naid
Post a Comment
<< Home