Argh, damn parent-kid talks
Venting, venting
You know how the day is fine, peaceful, can talk without too many disagreements, and you have to end the day arguing. My dad was giving me the "Why don't you want to work in HK?" question again (numerous, numerous times, I don't even remember how many times) over dinner. Arrrgh. I've answered the question so many times, "No, I don't want to work in HK. I don't speak the language." And then he says "People understand English in HK". It's like he thinks I'm degrading the HK people when I say that. No! I am not meaning they don't understand English, I am saying I can't speak it. Leading to more arguments relating to their eventual retirement in HK, my potential work in UK or here, their permanent living in HK, them living without their kids in HK coz one's in say UK and another's in say, here. Damn bloody hell, he makes me so angry! I swear, I was crying, well tears welled up and rolled down my cheeks. I had to stop myself from yelling at my dad at the dinner table.
He doesn't understand, I don't want to work/live in HK coz I don't speak the language. God knows I find it difficult here trying to speak in my little grasp of Canto. It would be even harder for medical terminology, let alone having to know the entire health system and social culture there. Bloody hell, does he think nursing is an easy job?! It's damn ****** hard! And then he goes onto "Why don't you become a specialist? Why not a cardiologist? You like cardiology. I've got to introduce you to some doctors here, she's a friend of your grandma's, her son's studying medicine as well." ARRGHHH! What the *swears uncontrollably* does that have to do with me?! It's got to be the nth damn time he said this.
And bloody hell, Sydney is my home, I was born in HK, and then he's alluding to earlier arguments we had, him accusing me of being ashamed to be Honky just coz I don't speak the language or go to a Canto church. ARGGGHH! What do you want me to do?! Talk to the damn tv in Canto?! Listen to superficial Cantopop where I don't understand a word, try to get myself all the way to Strathfield when I am Anglican at G Hall, grown up with them and living in CH.
Now he's saying it's my choice to do what I want. Of course it's my choice, your guilt trips won't work on me, I've grown up without parents. I've grown up without family save my brother. What in the world makes him think that I would mind being away from family. They may want their family close by in the same city but I am NOT going to live my life to satisfy my parents' wishes. I can't stand HK, not only because I can't speak the language, the attitude to people and life there, the social culture, the environment, everytime I go there I get sick, hell I get depressed. My life is in Australia, I am Australian, I feel incredibly out of place in HK.
My parents get me so angry everytime they come back, God they make me cry everytime.
Sorry, I know I'm not the only one who has to go through this crap. Just venting, venting.
I like these blogspots.
You know how the day is fine, peaceful, can talk without too many disagreements, and you have to end the day arguing. My dad was giving me the "Why don't you want to work in HK?" question again (numerous, numerous times, I don't even remember how many times) over dinner. Arrrgh. I've answered the question so many times, "No, I don't want to work in HK. I don't speak the language." And then he says "People understand English in HK". It's like he thinks I'm degrading the HK people when I say that. No! I am not meaning they don't understand English, I am saying I can't speak it. Leading to more arguments relating to their eventual retirement in HK, my potential work in UK or here, their permanent living in HK, them living without their kids in HK coz one's in say UK and another's in say, here. Damn bloody hell, he makes me so angry! I swear, I was crying, well tears welled up and rolled down my cheeks. I had to stop myself from yelling at my dad at the dinner table.
He doesn't understand, I don't want to work/live in HK coz I don't speak the language. God knows I find it difficult here trying to speak in my little grasp of Canto. It would be even harder for medical terminology, let alone having to know the entire health system and social culture there. Bloody hell, does he think nursing is an easy job?! It's damn ****** hard! And then he goes onto "Why don't you become a specialist? Why not a cardiologist? You like cardiology. I've got to introduce you to some doctors here, she's a friend of your grandma's, her son's studying medicine as well." ARRGHHH! What the *swears uncontrollably* does that have to do with me?! It's got to be the nth damn time he said this.
And bloody hell, Sydney is my home, I was born in HK, and then he's alluding to earlier arguments we had, him accusing me of being ashamed to be Honky just coz I don't speak the language or go to a Canto church. ARGGGHH! What do you want me to do?! Talk to the damn tv in Canto?! Listen to superficial Cantopop where I don't understand a word, try to get myself all the way to Strathfield when I am Anglican at G Hall, grown up with them and living in CH.
Now he's saying it's my choice to do what I want. Of course it's my choice, your guilt trips won't work on me, I've grown up without parents. I've grown up without family save my brother. What in the world makes him think that I would mind being away from family. They may want their family close by in the same city but I am NOT going to live my life to satisfy my parents' wishes. I can't stand HK, not only because I can't speak the language, the attitude to people and life there, the social culture, the environment, everytime I go there I get sick, hell I get depressed. My life is in Australia, I am Australian, I feel incredibly out of place in HK.
My parents get me so angry everytime they come back, God they make me cry everytime.
Sorry, I know I'm not the only one who has to go through this crap. Just venting, venting.
I like these blogspots.

11 Comments:
Poor Jasmin *hugs*
Yay for going through crap!
(Well, not *yay* per se, but more as an expression of empathy and positive-feeling-sterity)
"-sterity"? what an odd suffix. Hmmm...
Trees, it's my sister Alex's 12 th birthday, so I'm in Penrith, visiting, so as to be there in the morning for the get-out-of-bed-and-pile-onto-Mum-and-Dad's-bed-and-have-presents thing that every family but ours stopped doing after age about 6.
As a sad side-effect if this, thoug, I had to get up at 5:30 for when this happened, since everyone has to leave by 7:15 to get to school, etc. on time. Nostalgic,really.
Reminded me of why I moved to Liliyfield in the first place. No-one should ever have to get up while it's still dark unless they live in the Arctic circle or similar. Ugh.
*Still sympathising for Pun* *further hugs*
*more hugs*
damn parent arguing... i agree with trees, don't leave us!
hey, the post has weird dating in the comment screen. very strange....
hope things are going o.k. now?
*Hugs Pun* - and since everyone else is hugging Pun hugs everyone else too...
Oh yeah, the nice Asian medical students...
My mum's at least (more like FINALLY *phew*) given up on the 'Asian' but still tries with the 'medical student'...
Bwahahaha so funny.
What's even better is she's started the whole "i'm open minded if my children go for same sex persuasion".
AHhahaha *rotfl*. I must be making her worry :P
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you everyone! *hugs and squeezes hard back*
well actually I started typing at 1230 then ended up posting it at 0108 in the morning. I dont knwo why it says 0808??
I'm glad (well not really glad, coz it's an absolutely crap feeling to go through this) that people know what i mean
yes, i am a banana. a banana i am.
lol@Leach (you've got to be joking rotf with you)
oooh viv has a new pic *looks closer*
angi wants to know what the 'needle'freak' phenomenon is, psychology related.
hmmm.. well, i guess i don't have the same sort of pressure, but it does sound sucky.
everyone has pics! i want one dammit. but am not bothered.
you mean needlephobia?
she doesn't know, in lecture notes...
"cue also become powerful reinforcers in own right for actoins that lead up to ingestion of drug (e.g. scoring and shooting up)e.g. 'needle freak' phenomonon
related to drug and alcohol abuse
C'mon, people! Help me out here!
*is just commenting gratuitously to see if pic works*
Post a Comment
<< Home