Unemployment
Since I already posted on my blog today, and I felt like whinging, I thought I'd write here. I'm not neglecting you spampage!
I spent my afternoon walking around applying for jobs. Which I always find depressing. I even applied at Oportos, despite once vowing I would never work in fast food, but I was getting desperate. The most promising place I applied at was an Indian restaurant that was looking for a waitperson. They said they'd call back, and maybe give me a trial. I'm not sure if I want them to though, it was $50 for a shift (of around 6 hours) and cash, sounded dodgy tax-wise. I think that's below award... And they said they'd give me around 3 shifts a week, which is $150, which is too little to live off. Still, it's better than nothing. And I applied at Fisher library, have no idea if they actually need anyone at the moment or not though.
As I was walking down Glebe Pt Rd, getting told by a selection of people that no, there were no positions available at the moment, a strange thing happened. This boy, about 14 and Aboriginal I guess, pointed at me, arm outstretched, as I walked toward him. He moved his arm as I walked past, so that he was continually pointing at me, even when I was behind him. I said "What?" as I passed, feeling rather unsettled, but he didn't say anything. I thought it was really creepy. Not to mention unusual. So it was not the best of afternoons. I'm looking forward to the O.C. tonight.
Ooh, I'm enjoying Triple M..
"Out on the patio we sit, and the humidity we breathe"
I spent my afternoon walking around applying for jobs. Which I always find depressing. I even applied at Oportos, despite once vowing I would never work in fast food, but I was getting desperate. The most promising place I applied at was an Indian restaurant that was looking for a waitperson. They said they'd call back, and maybe give me a trial. I'm not sure if I want them to though, it was $50 for a shift (of around 6 hours) and cash, sounded dodgy tax-wise. I think that's below award... And they said they'd give me around 3 shifts a week, which is $150, which is too little to live off. Still, it's better than nothing. And I applied at Fisher library, have no idea if they actually need anyone at the moment or not though.
As I was walking down Glebe Pt Rd, getting told by a selection of people that no, there were no positions available at the moment, a strange thing happened. This boy, about 14 and Aboriginal I guess, pointed at me, arm outstretched, as I walked toward him. He moved his arm as I walked past, so that he was continually pointing at me, even when I was behind him. I said "What?" as I passed, feeling rather unsettled, but he didn't say anything. I thought it was really creepy. Not to mention unusual. So it was not the best of afternoons. I'm looking forward to the O.C. tonight.
Ooh, I'm enjoying Triple M..
"Out on the patio we sit, and the humidity we breathe"

4 Comments:
Poor Cat. How odd, and tragically unlike the ideal "sure you can work at Fisher, but do you mind starting now, also we're afraid that we will have to pay you a fortune, but at least the hours are flexible, is that ok?" scenario.
Bugger.
well, at least i applied :)
oh crap,oc just started, didn't tape... erm, sorry, i missed taping the beginning. but i'm doing it now :D
Little boys do silly things sometimes, it's him, not you ;)
Poor Kitty, try Max Brenner ;) if you're desperate for fast food, may as well go for chocolate ;)
Yes, pretty dodgy, but better than nothing I suppose... For a restaurant you should be getting about $12-13/hr as according to the industrial relations website. But a job is better than no job!
Also, the first line of your post made me think of Phil-2:14 which we were looking at last night :D
Anyhow, praying you get a suitable job soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home